Saturday, May 9, 2009

Festival

Spring Festival
a walk with my girl
along the park creek

milling friendly people
brightly dressed dogs
cacophony of odors
from an array of foods
give way to
harmony of acoustic guitars
played by friends
along the waters edge

The sun breaks free
from the thick gray clouds
drying the emerald green grass

Vibrant hues of spring flowers
racing clear water over large rocks
a stiff breeze

I find yet another picture with verse
sent from far away....8 now in all...
what is the color of my sky????

The clouds are back again
Now
on the road
head north I go
to visit family

And as I go
those gray gray clouds
envelope me
holding me captive
but not against my will
wishing, waiting
for love to fill

Always in my mind
I keep a picture there....

No comments:

Post a Comment