Sunday, November 15, 2009

YOU did ME WRONG!!! Yet now I can Love ANOTHER MORE FREELY

Though its way is to strike
In a dumb rhythm,
Stroke upon stroke,
As though the heart
Were an anvil,
The hurt you sent
Had a mind of its own.

Something in you knew
exactly how to shape it,
To hit the target,
Slipping into the heart
Through some wound-window
Left open since childhood.

While it struck outside
It burrowed inside,
Made tunnels through
Every ground of confidence.
For days it would lie still
Until a thought would start it.

Meanwhile, YOU forgot,
Went on with things
And never even knew
How that perfect
Shape of hurt
Still continued to work.

Now a new kindness
Seems to have entered time,
And I can see how that hurt
Has schooled my heart
In a compassion I would
Otherwise have never learned.

Somehow now
I have begun to glimpse
The unexpected fruit
Your DARK gift had planted
And I thank you
For your unknown work.

John O'Donahue

In my youth, I was sensitive
Sweet
Caring
Accepting and trusting...

Out of the pain YOU GAVE to me
My youthful senses have developed
More fully
More deeply
Springing outward
Reaching...arms widespread
To LOVE ANOTHER....

Yes, Thank YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment