Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Summer Memory

In the summer...

My Gramma used to wear
a sleeve upon her arm.
Just one
on the left...

Seemed we were speeding
down that flat straight road
windows down
no air-conditioning then
heading for the "SHORE"
My cousins, gramma & me
way back when.

She always drove
with her left arm bent
resting up on
that window down sent.

Avoiding a sunburn
she did say
have to protect my skin
on such a sunny day

I remember the billboards
great big signs
a puppy and a little girl
pullin down her swimsuit
and showing her white bottom fine

COPPERTONE-gettin a tan
avoidin that sunburn
that is what we all shoulda learned
but me n my cousins
we all got burned!

Gramma could float
float and float on those waves
always wearing little white tennis shoes
to avoid the shells play

Yeh, pictures of my Gramma
man she could float
never could sink
Her sweet boat!

Then on the way home
we always stopped for a treat
soft serve ice-cream
but for me it was ALWAYS
Orange Sherbert that
I dripped on the seat!

Yeah me and gramma
heading for the shore
such a pleasant childhood memory
for me to store.

No comments:

Post a Comment